Monday, September 8, 2014

Feathering the Nest

Years ago when we first moved in, our neighbor gave us a Blue bird house as a gift and every year since, we've had 2 or more families come and take up housekeeping each spring/summer.  
It's always been a highlight for me to watch the new little baby birds learning to fly while keeping our cats indoors for the duration.
The Blue birds have always had this house, it's a given ...until this year when the swallows beat them to it. I think the Blue birds were upset as we would see them circling around the house. We do like to peek when the time is right just to see what's going on inside. What a surprise when we peeked in and saw this.
The nest was completely surrounded by feathers.
It was a work of art.
Nature never ceases to amaze me.
Needless to say, when they all left for the season, I retrieved the nest. My 2 year old granddaughter will love seeing it.......It's just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment