Monday, November 17, 2014

Fiber Junkies Pt 2 - The Party

Last week, we had our "early for the month" Fiber Junkies meeting and since several of our members have had big birthdays this year, we've been celebrating them.
My birthday is at the end of December - the 30th and I remember my mom telling me the first words out of my dad's mouth were - "What a great little tax deduction" Anyway, getting back on track, my wonderful friends had a surprise party for me at our last meeting. We like to do themes and knowing each other so well, we seem to come up with the most unique and creative ideas. I guess I've mentioned numerous times how much I love paper dolls and how they were a big part of my childhood - so a paper doll party.
We celebrated with champagne and delicious home made chili from Kate. The placemats were poster board with a outline of a paper doll on them.
all set on a beautiful hand dyed piece of rayon Denny dyed to use as a tablecloth and I got to take home.
Talk about feeling like a kid again...in the center of the table were crayons and colored pencils. Without any prompting, we all dove in to get our favorite colors to finish our "paper doll", guess we all enjoy that feeling of being a kid again.
They were all so cute and I brought them home with me....
The gifts were such fun - a cloth tape measure which you don't see anymore wrapped around vintage paper dolls of Ramona and an antique book...
magnetic barbies and Shirley Temple paper dolls. Denny copied the clothes onto magnetic sheets and provided pans that they would work with. My granddaughter and I are going to have such fun with these.
And of course what party wouldn't be complete without "beautiful men" fabric - too much fun!
The apple cake made by our resident baker - Mary, was delicious.
And I was happy to be amongst such very wonderful friends who put so much thought and love into everything they do, I am lucky!
PS. I've been ironing the wax out of my fabrics and have results to share as soon as I get this house back in order. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Happy early BD! You have an 'every day' BD present with these great friends and artists!!

    ReplyDelete